Thursday, February 21, 2013

GRL2013: the Controversy.

Obviously there has been a lot of flurry over information put out about GRL. Maybe it's as they claim, misinformation. I know that for me as a reviewer it casts a negative light on an event that I had an absolute blast at just a few short months ago. Whereas I had been definitely planning to attend, now I am wondering if my time and money might be better spent elsewhere. It also makes me wonder where "MY" authors fit in. For the most part, I choose to support Independent Authors. Of course this is not to say that I don't review mainstream authors at all. But where do Indie Authors fit into the machine that is becoming more and more elitist. I attended as a reader last year, because really that's what I am. I read and I give my opinion on what I read. In fact this blog is just a collection of my opinions. I am trying to with hold judgement at this time, but I am disappointed, and unhappy with the way things are being dealt with. Obviously if nothing else their wording left many things to be desired. So I guess we'll see, but I know I don't want to be part of something that is playing cool kids against everyone else. I wasn't a cool kid. Most of us weren't. I never had the innate desire to BE a cool kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others with your comments. Hate comments will not be tolerated.