Thursday, September 4, 2014

Author Post: Part 3 Of the Hellsinger Investigations Tour with Rhys Ford




Hey! I am Rhys Ford… speaking to you in my own… okay that doesn’t work. Does anyone else remember Don Carnage!? He’s speaking at you in his own voice! Ah, the esoteric memories. You’ll probably want to skip this part during the next few…*coffs*…okay, a dozen blogs as I parcel out a short tale featuring Wolf and Tristan!

Welcome to a Hellsinger Investigation!

There will be prizes and giveaways. Be sure to hit up each blog for an update on the investigation. I have brought in for this tale of ghosts and shenanigans two special prizes (well many of them…but two!). You might have seen them already; a pair of cuddly alpaca and a braided leather Wolf sigil bracelet. You’ll be able to win one or both at each stop with a Grand Prize to be given away at the end of the tour.

The giveaway for this spot is: a Wolf Sigil Bracelet.

Leave a comment or… if the blog is so inclined, ping their contest widget… to be entered to win!






Hellsinger Investigations
File #241

Residence: Hazel Maplethorn-Bocker
Paranormal Activity: Objects Relocating
Location: Eureka, CA

The residence is occupied by Ms. M-B and ten cats. Client is retired school-teacher and has no history of psychic or paranormal activity either personal or in residence. Residence is 1940s bungalow with no recorded deaths. Land cleared of any prior paranormal activity; formerly undeveloped acreage. No structures or causalities reported at location. Cannot discount native population or transitory inhabitants prior to establishment of city boundaries.

Team: Gidget and Matt
Consultant: Tristan Pryce

§




PART THREE
“Indians.” Gidget stared up at Wolf from where she was crouching on the floor. Her legs were nearly buried in equipment and cables. “Here? In Eureka?”

“Native Americans,” Tristan corrected, handing his lover a cup of coffee. “Hazel said there was a massacre here back in 1860. Well not here, per se but on an island out in the bay. Nearly all of the women and children were killed with hatchets and axes. A witness said he heard screaming but went back to sleep. Apparently they didn’t want to use guns because the shots would be too noticeable.”

“That’s horrible.” Matt echoed Gidget’s disgusted look. “Why… why would someone do that?”

“Land, cattle.” Wolf mounted the stepstool Hazel’d given him and began to pull video cables out of an air conditioning duct he used to thread feed lines through the house. “Because they could. A lot of shit happens in this world because people just can do something.”

“Cynical, much?” Tristan shot him a look and Wolf answered with one of his own.

“Realist.” He responded lightly, fitting the grate back onto the opening to prevent it from rattling about as they filmed. “Skeptic where ghosts are concerned—”

“Even after everything we’ve been through?” Tristan straightened up and cocked his head at Wolf. “Really? Still?”

Wolf didn’t call out his employees suddenly finding something else to do in another part of the house although he had to give them credit for slithering away as quietly as they did. Matt even gently shut the door behind him, sealing Wolf and Tristan into Hazel’s dining room with a quiet snick of a latch.

“Especially after everything we’ve been through.” He climbed down from the stepstool then reached for Tristan’s arm. His lover shook him off, green eyes flashing with a clear warning of a brewing storm. “Thursday, come on. You know my first instinct is to debunk something. I’m not saying ghosts aren’t real. I’m saying not everything is a ghost and people shouldn’t jump to conclusions before they examine the situation.”

Tristan’s response was thick with derision. Short, certainly, but thick. “Huh.”

“I come from a family where people lie about ghosts to make money. Not all of them—” Wolf held up a hand to stop Tristan’s incoming protests. “But definitely a lot of them. It’s taking advantage of people and that’s why I’m skeptical.”

“Okay, name one job where you declared there were phantasms.” Tristan stuck his hands in his jeans pockets, rocking back on his heels and staying out of Wolf’s reach. “One job.”

“Sey— ”

“One paying job.” Tristan qualified. “Name one assignment when it wasn’t swamp gas or kids playing a joke. I’ll even take a job where you said maybe there was something there.”

“I don’t have… shit, okay, yeah. We’ve had some jobs where things could be spectral but there wasn’t enough evidence to say for certain that there was a haunting.” Wolf edged closer, snagging Tristan’s belt loops to pull him in to a loose embrace. “Doesn’t mean I said there weren’t any ghosts. Just that there wasn’t any evidence.”

“Sometimes you have to take things on faith.” Tristan sighed heavily but let himself be pulled in tighter. “I’m not saying there are ghosts or something here. I’m saying you have to open yourself up to the possibilities more. You can’t come into a place and say… prove it. You should come in with at least an inkling that there might be something—or someone—there.”

“Tell you what, if you tell me there’s something here, I’ll believe you.” Wolf murmured as he nibbled on the corner of Tristan’s mouth. A strand of his lover’s hair was caught between them, and Wolf smiled as he tasted the citrus scent of Tristan’s shampoo on his tongue. “But I’ve got to have something to take away to show it’s real. It’s what I do, Tris.”

“I know. But I’d like you to open-minded. You say you’re a scientist. Yes, you need proof but aren’t you guilty of the exact same thing you’re accusing other people of?” Tristan leaned back in Wolf’s arms, sliding their hips together in a sensual grind.

“Keep doing that and there’s going to be more than ghost hunting.” Tristan gave him a steely glare hot enough to rival the one they’d gotten from Hazel’s grey cat. “Okay, what am I accusing people of?”

“Jumping to conclusions.” Tristan broke away, sliding his hand across Wolf’s flat stomach before picking up a portable EMF reader. “I’m going to see what I can find out in the kitchen. You sit here and stew in your hypocrisy a bit and let me know how it tastes. Hurry up in here. Hazel’s making us lasagna for dinner.”

“Yeah, right,” Wolf called out as Tristan opened the door. “You guys have lasagna. I’ll be choking down that helping of crow you just served up to me.”
§

ANNOUNCING:
Duck Duck Ghost by Rhys Ford

Paranormal investigator Wolf Kincaid knows what his foot tastes like.

Mostly because he stuck it firmly in his mouth when his lover, Tristan Pryce, accidentally drugged him with a batch of psychotropic baklava. Needing to patch things up between them, Wolf drags Tristan to San Luis Obispo, hoping Tristan’s medium ability can help evict a troublesome spirit haunting an old farmhouse.

With Wolf’s sister handling Hoxne Grange’s spectral visitors, Tristan finds himself in the unique position of being able to leave home for the first time in forever, but Wolf’s roughshod treatment is the least of his worries. Tristan’s ad-hoc portal for passing spirits seems to be getting fewer and fewer guests, and despite his concern he’s broken his home, Tristan agrees to help Wolf’s cousin, Sey, kick her poltergeist to the proverbial curb.

San Luis Obispo brings its own bushel of troubles. Tristan’s ghost whispering skill is challenged not only by a terrorizing haunting but also by Wolf’s skeptical older cousin, Cin. Bookended by a pair of aggressive Kincaids, Tristan soon finds himself in a spectral battle that threatens not only his sanity but also his relationship with Wolf, the first man he’s ever loved.



§




Duck Duck Ghost Promo Tour

Sept 2

Sept 3

Sept 4
Smoocher’s Voice: http://www.smoochersvoice.com/

Sept 5
On Top Down Under Book Reviews: http://ontopdownunderbookreviews.com/

Sept 6
Fiction Vixen: http://fictionvixen.com/

Sept 7

Sept 8
Three Chicks after Dark: www.3chicksafterdark.com

Sept 9


Sept 10

Sept 11

Sept 12
The Blogger Girls http://thebloggergirls.com/

Sept 13

§

About Rhys Ford
Rhys  admits to sharing the house with three cats of varying degrees of black fur and a ginger cairn terrorist. Rhys is also enslaved to the upkeep a 1979 Pontiac Firebird, a Toshiba laptop, and an overworked red coffee maker.


And at the Starbucks down the street. No really, they’re 24/7. And a drive-thru. It’s like heaven.

My books can be purchased, folded and first chapters read at Dreamspinner Press. http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com






29 comments:

  1. Yes I do believe in ghosts. Four more days, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES I BELIEVE! Halloween would be so sad without a few ghostly bumps in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok 3rd try to post.
    Yes I believe in ghosts & I love how Tristan handled Wolfs cynicism ;)
    Here's hoping this one shows up lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in ghosts. I have seen things that cannot be explained otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I believe in ghosts because I moved into a haunted house. Didn't know it was haunted until I felt that "other person" feeling when I was supposedly alone in the house. I started asking questions and discovered that there had been a murder. Talked to the ghost that I was happy if it wanted to stay etc. and have been living in the house for 20 years. If the ghost is still here it's happy. Sky Dancer. P.S. couldn't link my comment to log in box for contest. All it showed me was "Do you believe in ghosts?" but no way to answer it and only a green I commented button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe in ghosts. Enjoyed this part of the story. Looking forward to more and to Duck Duck Ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a skeptic but open to the possibility. Marcine
    Dejamew@centurylink[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe - too many things have happened in my life for me not to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if ghosts are real, but I do believe there are things that exist beyond normal perception.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about I try "not" to believe in ghosts? But yeah, I probably do. I get these whispy feelings like something or someone is in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I do believe. I saw one when I was about 5 years old. Kinda hard not to with proof in your face lol.
    -Miranda P

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest, Rhys Ford can make me believe in anything - including ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Skeptic here ;) Of most things :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO, but I enjoy paranormal stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. poor wolf ;) not sure I believe as I don't not believe if that makes sense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I believe in ghosts. Used to experience their presence at a house we lived in for 10 years. Never saw one, just felt them and I was not alone at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am really enjoying the story. I do believe in ghosts/spirits whatever you want to call them. I wish I didn't but I have had too many experiences to not believe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I think I do believe in ghosts. I also love watching Ghost Adventures and seeing their proof.

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I was younger I saw my grandmother's ghost so yes I do believe in them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. haven't experienced one but I wouldn't rule out that they exist

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never had an experience, but that doesn't mean they don't exist! I know a few people who would swear that they have had a real ghost encounter! I just hope if I ever have a ghostly experience, the ghost is like Casper! Thanks for the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is not a doubt in my mind that ghosts exist.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not really a believer, but I could probably be convinced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm skeptical but could be convinced

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do believe in ghost. I've never experienced anything paranormal but my neighbors and those who slept over at their house had stories that happened to them.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others with your comments. Hate comments will not be tolerated.